Fri 12th April – optional arrival & setup from midday
Sat 13th / Sun 14th April – 2 days of fun, lessons, activities & beach riding
Burpengary Equestrian Centre
Guest Instructors: Ruth White, Guy Creighton & Sasha Ulasowski
As always, ALL riding members (junior and senior, lead-line) are welcome even if you don’t want to participate in the formal jumping and flatwork lessons.
Any queries, please contact Camp Co-ordinator Erika (at email@example.com) or text 0407 860 568.
WHERE: Burpengary Equestrian Centre (approx 60 mins drive from Brookfield)
WHEN: Saturday 13th April – Sunday 14th April 2019
WHAT will be Happening:
- Formal Jumping Lessons: Showjumping & Cross Country – Saturday’s focus will be show jumping with Guy Creighton, and Sunday’s focus will be cross country with Sasha Ulasowski. Groups of 5 – 6 riders. We expect each rider will have 2 show jumping lessons on Saturday, while the cross country lesson will be formatted as one longer session.
- FORMAL Flatwork lesson: one lesson with 2 – 3 riders, with Ruth White. Optional additional lesson at extra cost, available to Formal & Fun riders..
- Beach Ride at Beachmere (no waves, lovely wide beach at low tide, 30mins drive from Camp) & Trail Ride.
- Stockman’s Challenge activities and games on the outdoor sand arena, plus stockman’s gate & bridge.
- Camp fires allowed in braziers. Don’t forget the marshmallows!!!
COST: Based on previous years the expected cost will be approximately:
- Formal Jumping & Flatwork Lessons: $135 per rider, with family discount for further family members at $120. Ground Use fee of $25 per rider is also required.
- Stables: $30 daily for undercover stables and/or $15 daily for open-air metal yards. (stables & yards have a $50 Bond returned it left clean of all manure, hay & wet sawdust)
- Fun Riders who want to attend without taking part in the Formal lessons, but doing other activities (Beach Ride, Trail Ride, Stockmans Challenge) cost is $50
- Other Fees: Camping fees: $25 for a powered site or $15 for an unpowered site per night. Camp Incidentals: $20 per family contribution.
FACILITIES: Camp sites will have access to power and water, and will be close to the stables and yards. Plus the shops in Burpengary are a short drive away for all those last minutes items.
Numbers for the formal lessons do have to be capped, and will be allocated in order of your nominations being received. Please look out for the BHPC Camp Nomination Form out next week.
Looking forward to a great Camp, please email me with any queries.
(BHPC Camp Co-ordinator)